Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Tasering the Stupid

Tasering stupid people benefits us all. It punishes people for being idiots without actually causing any permanent damage and an important by-product of it is that it provides entertainment for the rest of us. I site two examples recently seen on the news (and of course YouTube) 1) where a young man purposely tried to ask ridiculous questions at a John Kerry speech in an obvious attempt to disrupt the proceedings and draw attention to himself and 2) the incident of the woman who attacked a bartender in a drunken rage and then argued with the police - both were then tasered repeatedly by the authorities. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say it's okay for the police to just willy nilly taser anyone for no good reason at all. No, what I'm talking about here is tasering the stupid people among us (and you know who you are). If you decide to act like a fool and/or be belligerent in public then I say by all means officer pull out that taser and start zapping! Don't tell me the police are over-reacting…if you decide to act like an idiot then you simply need to decide whether or not it's worth getting zapped with 50,000 volts for it. In the cases of the guy at the Kerry speech and the drunk woman, I would've liked to seen them tasered even more - I'm talking about just tasering them till they are on the ground quivering like a piece of sizzling bacon. No I don't feel sorry for you, yes I think you deserve it. I'd even like to see people tasered (perhaps at a lower voltage) for lesser, but no less stupid offenses: Drive like a idiot - Zap! Talk on your cell phone in a movie theater - Zap! Question the price of every single item in your shopping cart with the cashier at Target ("I think that's on sale, you rang it up as $8.97, the sale sign said they are $8.57...) while I'm standing behind you waiting to purchase a single pack of gum - ZAP! ZAP! ZAP! ZAP!!!!

This is probably just one of many reasons I'll never get elected to public office.

No comments: