Friday, February 1, 2008

Ouch

A few weeks ago I noticed a very light freckle that's about the size of a dime had appeared on my cheek just below my eye. I figured it was probably just a result of sun damage and getting older (getting older sucks), but because I am paranoid and I have great insurance I never hesitate to go get these things checked out by my doctor. Good news - I was right - sun damage/getting older. But my doctor said although it does not appear to be cancerous, it could someday, maybe, possibly turn cancerous. So with that he said "We could freeze it off if you want...". To that I said "Sure, why not...and hey, I've got a little one on my nose too and a few more on my chest - let's just do those too while we are at it!" So he goes and get's his little can of liquid nitorgen and sets about freezing (burning is more like it) all these little defective areas off my skin. The one on my cheek hurt like hell because A) it was a pretty good size and took a while for him to do and 2) It was on my frigg'n cheek!

So after he finishes the last one he says "Oh...um by the way, those are probably gonna blister pretty good (especially the one on my cheek) and they might turn your skin white...". Now he tells me!! So now I've got this nasty look'n blister thing on my face (which looks 50 times worse than the light freckle thing I had) and then even after the blister goes away it might just be a nice bright white spot on my face! So much for my dream of becoming a male supermodel!!





Oh well, better to be safe than sorry I suppose... Oh and note to self: Make sure to turn the flash off on the camera when you take a close-up picture of your frigg'n eye!

No comments: