Monday, January 7, 2008

I hate this time of year

The holidays are over, time to go back to work, it's cold, it's wet and I have sinus headache. It's 3:00pm and I still have not taken a shower. I had a brownie for lunch. My wife is in China on business and for some reason the laundry is not getting done while she is gone. My kids have basketball tonight and I'd just prefer to not leave the house. I finished a book last night (No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy) that was about as uplifting as a baby seal hunt. I was watching the playoff game yesterday between Tampa Bay and the Giants and the announcers were saying how it was "a nice comfortable 72 outside"(the game was in Tampa Bay, obviously)...I just wanted to jump on a plane and go.

Maybe it's all of the above but I always seem to go into a mental funk in January and February. The world just seems dreary and I count the days until we get our first 60 degree day of the year - which often doesn't happen till May. I'm sure my attitude will improve, especially if I can think of some more things to complain about.

No comments: