Monday, September 10, 2007

A typical day






"Dad, can you come wipe my butt". And so it goes...a typical start to a typical day in my life. My son Trevor (7) has been battling "stomach issues" for the past couple of days. He's taking it like a real trooper (pooper trooper?), I on the other hand am not. For the second night in a row I have had to come assist him at 3:00am as he's battled with this stomach virus. I jumped about a mile in the air when he approached our bed and got his face right next to mine and woke me with a loud whisper "Dad - I gotta go!". Evidently he sees me as the "Master Butt Wiper" because he ignored my wife and made the long trip around to my side of the bed to wake me - I'll have to remember to add "MBW" to my resume in case I ever need to switch jobs.


Now for a completely different topic...my lovely wife Suzie (on the left in the picture, with her friend Cindy) just completed the 3-Day, 60 mile, Breast Cancer walk yesterday. We are all very proud of her. She was walking a little tenderly yesterday but she seems fine today (though I'm sure she is still sore). She trained hard for the walk and is probably in the best shape of her life - and she looks damn good too! Whoo Hoo! I'm glad she was able to participate in the event, but I'm also glad she's back home now (and not just so she can do the laundry).












2 comments:

Cindy M said...

Can you do anything interesting with your strangely long toes? I am very curious about such things. I have strangely large blisters under both of my big toe nails. I will advise if anything interesting comes of those...besides wet sheets, of course.

Barry said...

I can pick up a tennis ball with my toes. I'm thinking of auditioning for Cirque de Solei.